20.02 - 24.02.2023 | Online
International Energy Poverty Action Week
The International Energy Poverty Action Week (IEPAW) is a grassroots event that brings together academics, policymakers, practitioners and other stakeholders in the field of energy poverty, access and justice across the world. The goal is to promote accessible, affordable and clean energy for all. Climate Alliance is official co-organiser of the event.
The week consists of online seminars, discussions and workshops cen-tered on sharing knowledge to find actionable solutions to this global issue. Five Days, Four Continents, One Goal: Access to Healthy and Renewable Energy for all. Why is it more critical than ever to be able to afford clean, sustainable and renewable energy? Does energy poverty cause higher death rates? What can we do together to ensure that renewable energy is available to all without high costs? These are only some of the questions to be explored on the road to access to affordable, sustainable and clean energy on every continent.
Each day of the week will see a 2 hours online event dedicated to an aspect of eradicating energy poverty.
- Monday, 20 February - Health | Energy poverty and health: How are they re-lated?
- Tuesday, 21 February - Social | Identity and energy poverty. The different faces of vulnerability
- Wednesday, 22 February - Economy | What does investing in energy poverty mean?
- Thursday, 23 February - Policy | The Global Energy Crisis: From Short-term Reactions to Structural Changes
- Friday, 24 February - Future | Addressing energy poverty in the context of climate change - youth ambitions
Join us and show your municipal actions at the International Energy Poverty Action Week! Contact Eva Suba at e.suba(at)climatealliance.org to receive your IEPAW Badge and communication support to use for your actions!
Learn more about International Energy Poverty Action Week.