Climate Alliance event | 23.06.2021 | Online
Building event series: energy storage systems
This event is part of Climate Alliance's summer 2021 building event series
Time: 10:30 – 12:00
Up to 80% of total energy consumption in the EU is attributed to urban areas. At the same time, low carbon energy supplies in the style of energy storages are a rarity in central Europe. In the framework of this event, four municipal examples will demonstrate how energy storage systems for renewable energy source heating and electricity production were successfully integrated:
- Lendava (SLO): paraffin based latent storage in connection with geothermal district heating system
- Weiz (AT): Central thermal energy storage tank in connection with decentralized hot water storage tanks
- Cueno (IT): “Slope Elevator” – realisation of a new system for the production and storage of electrical power
- Bračak Manor (HR): Central battery (bank) system, installation and integration of photovoltaic system for an advanced energy management system
The event is being organised within the Climate Alliance Store4HUC project that aims to improve territorially based low-carbon energy planning strategies. It is also the kick-off for Climate Alliance's building event series this summer.
- Survey for the launch of the Working Group on Buildings – participate now!
- Climate Alliance projects on buildings
Other events in the series
- Mobilising home-owners for deep renovations, 13 July 2021
- Prefabrication, deep retrofits and the municipal perspective, 8 July 2021