Job offer: Project Manager for Innovative Financing, Buildings and EU Policy
We are looking for a project manager for innovative financing, energy efficient buildings and EU policy on climate and energy to join our highly motivated and multinational team in Brussels or Frankfurt on a full-time basis (initial 2-year contract with possibility of extension).
Climate Alliance is a non-profit association uniting local authorities and indigenous rainforest peoples in their efforts to mitigate climate change. Climate Alliance currently counts over 1700 member cities, municipalities and regions in 26 European countries. Its activities are coordinated by the European Secretariat based in Frankfurt (DE) and Brussels (BE).
Climate Alliance supports its members in achieving their voluntary commitments of reducing CO₂ emissions by ten percent every five years and to halving per capita emissions by 2030 (base year 1990). Among other activities, the network advocates for an improved legal framework for local authorities and for heightened recognition of their role in the European climate and energy policy, as well as for funding opportunities for local authorities for the implementation of their climate strategies. Climate Alliance is involved in several EU funded projects and is looking for an experienced project manager to support its team in the areas of innovative financing and energy efficient buildings.
Project management focusing on:
- Daily management and liaison with project partners and national and municipal stakeholders
- Liaison with the European Commission and further donors
- Coordination and organisation of events and webinars, such as on financing sustainable energy investments
- Reviewing (country specific) reports on sustainable energy investments, as well as Sustainable
- Energy and Climate Action Plans
- Communication, capacity building and peer-to-peer learning activities in cities across Europe
- (Financial) reporting
- Ensuring the timely delivery of the project deliverables
- Ensuring synergies with related projects, the Climate Alliance permanent working groups as well as related policy work carried out by Climate Alliance
- 5 years of experience in project management
- Fluency in spoken and written English, proficiency in French and other EU languages is an asset (should Frankfurt be the place of work, German fluency is required)
- Strong communication skills in written and public-speaking formats,
- Excellent organisational skills, the ability to multitask and to work in a team
- Proactive approach and a high level of autonomy
- Willingness to travel within the EU frequently
Preferred education & experience:
- Profound knowledge of EU funding and EU policy in the field of climate, energy, sustainable financing and energy efficient buildings
- Experience in the management of EU funded projects
- Experience in working with local authorities
- Knowledge of energy efficiency business models (such as energy performance contracting, one-stop-shops etc.)
- Master’s Degree in relevant field (e.g. environment, energy, climate change, urban and regional planning, EU policy); a background in economics is an asset
The corresponding assignment is based on a full-time basis initially for 2 years and will start as soon as possible based at the Climate Alliance Secretariat either in Brussels, Belgium or Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
To apply, please send a motivation letter and your CV to Andreas Kress at europe(at)climatealliance.org by 11 December 2019.
Applicants must have the legal right to be employed in the EU. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
+49 69 7171 39 -0