Climate Alliance members recognised as frontrunners
Recently published Covenant of Mayors communications materials are giving widespread attention to the efforts of seven Climate Alliance members. The two leaflets as well as a detailed case study are now available via the Covenant of Mayors Library in a wide variety of EU languages. The documents provide a glimpse of the work many Climate Alliance members are doing in the field of energy and climate action. Local strategies to cope with flooding in Cologne (DE), neighbourhood level engagement on energy poverty in Brest (FR) and the opening of an energy efficient environmental education centre in Thermi (GR) are just a few of the inspirational examples featured. The Covenant of Mayors is a global movement of cities committed to fighting climate change with almost 8,000 signatories in Europe alone. Climate Alliance’s leading role in the European Covenant of Mayors Office and as an official Covenant Supporter helps the good practice examples of its members gain even more visibility Europe-wide.
- Adaptation leaflet featuring Cologne (DE), Ober-Grafendorf (AT) and Sant Cugat del Vallès (City of Climate Alliance Member Barcelona Province, ES)
- Energy Poverty leaflet featuring Brest (FR), Hasselt (BE) and Vienna (AT)
- Case-study on Thermi (GR)
- Covenant of Mayors library
- Climate Alliance and the European Covenant of Mayors