Climate Alliance event | 07.12.2018 | Katowice, Poland
The Powers of Water – On the Way to the Sustainable Use of Nature's Driving Force
In the framework of the UN Climate Change Conference | 15:00 – 16:30| Bieszczady (Official side event, accreditation required)
“Water is the driving force in nature”, Da Vinci is quoted. Indigenous Peoples such
as the Shuar also revere its sacred power. Hydropower is often portrayed as climate
friendly energy in line with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Yet, negative impacts on climate, biodiversity and communities are neglected.
The side event seeks solutions.
- Thomas Brose, Executive Director of Climate Alliance (Facilitator)
- Dr. Thilo F. Papacek, GegenStrömung / INFOE e. V.
- The Impacts of (Mega)Dams
- N.N., Representative of COICA: Eyewitness Report from South America
- Dietmar Mirkes, Climate Alliance Luxembourg / ASTM
- Belo Monte, Odebrecht and the Luxembourg Connection – Presentation
- of ASTM’s Study