19.02.2020 | Brussels, Belgium
Launch of the European City Facility
We are excited to announce the launch of the European City Facility at the Covenant of Mayors Investment Forum on 19 February in Brussels!
You have an ambitious climate and energy plan? Just as many others, you are facing the gap between planning and realisation of projects due to a lack of sustainable energy investments?
The European City Facility (EUCF) addresses two fundamental barriers for sustainable energy investments:
- Financial and legal capacity of local authorities to transform their long-term energy and climate strategies (e.g. SEAPs, SECAPs etc.) into appropriate investment concepts.
- Lack of aggregation of fragmented small projects (for example in the building sector) and thus lack of attractiveness for the financial sector.
Set up under the Horizon 2020 Framework Programme for Research and Innovation of the European Union, the EUCF provides tailor-made, rapid and simplified financial support (in the form of EUR 60,000 lump sums) and related services to a large number of municipalities in the European Union, enabling them to develop relevant investment concepts.
The resulting investment concepts will represent an initial step towards a fully-fledged business and financial plan and thus facilitate the subsequent mobilisation of (local) investment in energy efficiency and renewable energy.
Stay tuned and learn about the EUCF, supporting bold and ambitious municipalities, local authorities and groupings of local authorities to transform climate and energy plans into real investments.
Reach us on Twitter: @eucityfacility
Launch event details:
- 4 - 4h30pm on 19 February 2020, followed by a networking cocktail
- In the frame of the Covenant of Mayors Investment Forum - Energy Efficiency Finance Market Place
- Crowne Plaza Hotel (Rue Gineste 3 | 1210 Bruxelles | Belgium)
- Register here!