European City Facility
Supporting European Cities to unlock finance for sustainable energy
Time has come to unlock cities' potential to build comprehensive sustainable energy investment concepts and to bundle the many small projects into large investment portfolios.
The new European City Facility (EUCF), set up under the European Union’s Horizon 2020 Programme for Research and Innovation, provides hands-on expertise, simplified financial support (up to € 60,000), as well as capacity building and peer-to peer support to cities and their groupings. With the objective of enabling municipalities to develop sound investment packages and mobilize finance, EUCF aims at:
- providing technical and financial support to cities to deliver credible and scalable investment concepts, which will trigger more than 320 million euros of public and private investment.
- building the capacity of public authority staff members to develop substantial project pipelines, in order to facilitate the implementation of investment concepts via innovative financing mechanisms.
- facilitating access, especially for small and medium-sized municipalities, to private finance, EU funding streams and similar facilities, as well as advisory services to help implementing and amplifying the expected investments.
- showcasing beneficiaries' successful investment concepts to encourage replication and to catalyze further action across European cities.
Project funding period: August 2019 – July 2023
Want to learn more?
- Follow us on Twitter @eucityfacility or
- Contact Tatjana Veith t.veith(at)climatealliance.org
Further information coming soon